Saturday, April 03, 2010

A New Look

Yesterday my daughter, Emma, and I went clothes shopping...something new for Easter. For me, not an easy task these days.

Lately I tend to gravitate to solid colored tees, and have been in a slump. So, I am willing to step outside my box into the thoughts of others who see me from a different perspective. This stretches me into the bold colors and patterns of life.


With the assistance of someone who can identify with my "pain", we pull together a new look...and this reminds me of recreation.

Recreation through Christ's sacrifice and resurrection.


Walter Wangerin, Jr. is a favorite author of mine. His "Ragman" allegory is one I meditate upon throughout this Passion Week. The Ragman takes on himself old clothes and replaces them with new. New rags for old.

"He dressed me. My Lord, he put new rags on me, and I am a wonder beside him. The Ragman, the Ragman, the Christ!"


Grace and peace to you

No comments: