Katy and Asher, Emma and Clara, Laura and Aden...cousins in the same generation, and we were all in heaven enjoying extended family moments last week!Still playing catch up....and getting ready to kick another out of the nest.
Two years in a row is difficult to fathom...
8 comments:
Shai, your daughters are fabulous people. I was so impressed with their personalities and their spirits. Hats off to you and Garland for enabling such positive growth! You only get one chance at this parenting thing and you pass with flying colors. (You're OK too!)
I totally agree with Don and his sentiment, Shari. You have done us all proud!!! :)
Aww, thanks! It means a lot from both of you...
There are days and moments when we wonder as all parents do!
I do agree that it takes a tribe, and the Hart Tribe is vital. Extended family has been so important for the girls (even with the distance) in staying grounded.
btw, we have had great resources to draw upon in watching those who have gone before us (including you two).
i wish i could have been there with all of you!! i am really missing the cottage in the summertime lately. and Laura looks so grown up!! such tall women.
maybe one year you'll come to Farm Day! i somehow always make it there in the summer. :)
Lesley-
There is actually a great chance we'll be there next summer while tacking on Hope move-in with Katy and Emma!
I understand the missing thing--LOTS!
This was such a good idea, this portrait on the stairs.
Don and I talked about your girls and how impressed we are with their spirits and personalities, their confidence, kindness, etc. And that they like these babies makes them even better.
It would be awesome if you could come to Farm Day next year!
I hope it works out too. We have applied for the grant to go to San Francisco next summer to the Chanticleer workshop, which would prevent us from being at the cottage for the 4th.
I know you are proud! I can't believe what you've accomplished in all these years!
Post a Comment