

Hope College Relay for Life, October 19, 2007The day after Dad's AML diagnosis, Katy and her dorm mates joined other Hope College students in walking to fight against cancer. Coincidently, she lives in Gilmore Hall, and their team was Team Gil! Needless to say, Dad became the face of the cause for anyone who knew Katy!
Dad does have a team of supporters behind him, encouraging and praying, walking alongside during this battle. I thought you'd like to meet the "locals"!

Dad and Nancy, proud recipients of the autographed t-shirt
Update on Dad's health is most encouraging: As Garland and I drove to visit him in Charleston, the doctors were releasing Dad to be able to finish his treatment on an outpatient basis. They discovered that he still has good cells fighting, and because he is not having severe reactions to the drugs, they want to give it a try with him recovering at home. So instead of a weekend in the hospital visiting him, we were able to be together in the comforts of home! While he rested, I stocked his kitchen full of my grandmother's swedish specialties: pepperkauker cookies, rice pudding, and limpa bread!He will be going in for treatments three times a week, and as he says, "It's a day-by-day situation." Nancy will be cleaning out his shunt, and a nurse practitioner comes for a weekly visit also.
We know this is a direct answer to all the people praying, and our family thanks you all!


5 comments:
Team Gil! I love it! We'll continue to pray!
Paul, Manda & kiddies
Hi, Honey,
What a wonderful report..... I'm so proud of you, and I know your Dad is going to enjoy all your labors of love for his tummy! What a wonderful thing to do for him, reminding him of his mother, I'm sure. Love you, Mom
This is all so good and helpful and encouraging! I wish your dad all the best health, and comfort to all of you in this process.
I'll be sending some meta - love - and I presume your Dad's name is Gil? Handsome looking Swede!
This is such good news, Shari, that we were able to read while on our cruise. It looks like there's lots of love flowing!
Post a Comment