Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Odd Feeling

This is a quick thought, as I am in the middle of laundry, dinner, and home....

Today I took my eldest for her last "well-baby" check-up this afternoon. Katy laughed when I referred to this dr. visit with that term. I received the piece of paper with all her stats, looked at the graph showing her height and weight percentiles, etc. My mother still calls me "baby" (actually, she still calls her youngest sister by that affectionate name if I'm not mistaken!).

It's strange to think we leave in one week to take her to college. Her doctor talked with her about college adjustments today. Hmm...


Katy in kindergarten

She is healthy, emotionally, intellectually and physically. She is in the 50% height and 15% weight for her age. I remember when I used to look for numbers in the 90's, but Katy was happy with these!

4 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

Awwww. The baby has grown up! Hard to believe this is happening--college just days away!!

Ruth said...

What an adorable photo of Katy!

It is so cool to experience these milestones as a mom, but it's also sad. Blogging helps!

Yes, she does still call me "Baby." And Uncle Nelson calls me "Babe." I seem to call everything and everyone Baby, including our cat, the fawns in our yard.

All the best to Katy as she turns this new page. I predict she is going to have a BLAST! And well wishes for all the welcome week festivities that will be busy, busy, busy from what Wilma and Jim tell me.

mama j said...

SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't do this to me....b/c I'm just a year away from that picture! And she was younger than L. is now when we met ya'll--and time flies.....the days can drag by like "eternity" yet the years fly by in the blink of an eye.

Sigh.

Did I say....SOB?????

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday, you! Long time no see post! :D