They say things happen in threes. These days I'm wondering if it's fours....
Within the past few days 3 great aunts/uncles have passed away between Garland and me.
Garland's Uncle Jess Munger, age 93 in Highlands, NC.
Shari's Auntie Sue (mother's), age 97 in VA.
Shari's Aunt Dorothy, my father's aunt.
All 3 among the last of their generation.
My question, as we leave for a probable final good-bye with my father, is will he be the 4th? The past month has been quite degenerative for him, and he is now at the same stage as a 6 month old. Doctors have differing opinions--less than two weeks or able to pull through this latest bout.
I am going to see for myself, and fortunately have the support of my husband by my side.
As Garland said a few days ago, "It's never quite as you imagine it to be."
God, please give my father rest.
Happy Easter.
2 comments:
I was just thinking about your dad last night, wondering how he is doing. I hope for rest for him too.
God answered your prayer, dear Shari. And now you are in my heart!
Post a Comment