Friday, October 05, 2007

The Birthday Song

Happy Birthday, Katy! 19 and counting...

This is the first year without seeing her. I really wanted to do something special for her long distance. This is what I came up with...

In the past few years, my cousin, Paul, has been hired by our choir to do dvd's of the year's events for our banquet. He always does a great job.

For Katy's "card", he and I collaborated. Her roommate, Dani, got in on the sneak, and in moments Katy will receive this...

Happy Birthday, Katy!

click on the link above to watch her card...

4 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

OMG! That card brought many a tear to my eyes! What a tribute, Shari.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Katy!!!

(I didn't realize her birthday is the day before Mark's!)

Tana said...

That was so awesome! I love you Katy (and Aunt Shari and the rest of the girls!)

Mrs. SwedeHart said...

That was amazing!!! I love that song, I had never heard it. I can't believe how young you look Shari- like 25 or so! Happy B-Day Katy!!!

Mrs. M. said...

Ginnie/Boots- It is amazing how quickly the years go, isn't it?! Almost as fast as the video!

Tana- Welcome! Nice to see you here--and we love you, too!! ;)

Raw Kale- Yea, I love that song. I have always loved Carole King's music, and finally picked up a 2 disc set "Love Makes The World". This and the theme from the Gilmore Girls are on the 2nd disc. When I heard the song, I started brainstorming! I've also found working with kids keep you young!